AutoDesSys

corrupt object loading blues

3dworks

as i am not gettig any replies by tech support these days. probably because after the sad passing away of paul, things could not have been rearranged well yet, so i'm posting this here.

sometimes, especially when modeling complex scenes with lots of imported geometry (from DWG for example), when reloading a FZ file i'm getting an alert like the one in the attachment.

"error reading objects. x corrupt object'(s) deleted. problem cause: file is damaged/corrupt ID = 10143"

the bad thing is, we will never know what is missing in the file from now on. if it's a large object on an active layer with few objects maybe we can realize it visually after loading the scene, but 99% of the cases it's a hope not to have lost anything essential and we just never will find out what was deleted until we are missing this object. also, we have no choices with this dialog, we have to agree to the deletion of the unknown object, because there is no alternative - we cannot use the file anymore, otherwise, right?

now this is the crucial point: please give the user a chance to know more about what is actuallly going to be deleted. show a small preview as wireframe, indicate the layer on which the object is, tell us the object name, give us a chance to handle the corrupt object by isolating it on a special layer.

please FZ, can you improve this - it's one of those things which are around for ages and i already have requested so many times to improve, but never has been actually touched.

kind regards

markus

post-89-0-59429300-1490000523_thumb.png

Hi Markus, 

We have responded to a number of your emails over the past couple weeks regarding some other issues, but looking over our records we have not received/left an open conversation regarding this specific problem.  If you are not receiving our responses, perhaps they are getting caught in your junk or spam filter.

If you can send us your file that is causing this problem, we would be happy to look at it to see what is causing the problem to see how we can improve on this in the future.

Archived