AutoDesSys Forums
AHTOH

formZ models exchange site!

Copyright...

So my question is, I haven't uploaded anything here, yet, because I'm unsure about copyright issues. I mostly find myself downloading models from manufacturer's websites or model exchange sites and saving them as formZ models. I would be happy to share them here, but somebody else has done the 3D modeling. As long as nobody in this world really will create native formZ models, is the only way to using well known brands, to download their products and import in formZ themselves? So, essentially, every single person using formZ is losing considerable time compared to others, using other 3D software?

Thank you very much for your advice.

Kind regards,

Attila

Anything I've uploaded for sharing here was modelled completely in FormZ by me, I'm pretty sure anyone else who's uploaded here is the same.

Once the person who created the model is happy sharing then no problem.

I wouldn't advise taking someone else's model, whether from another program/website even if altered in FormZ and re-sharing it. That wouldn't be fair.

Hello

There are some good and some bad news for you.

The good one: from now and on you can share your models on paid basis. So anyone of you who will share his/her/it`s models will get paid as soon as model will be bought.

The bad one: from now and on models are distributed on paid basis.

This drastic step is being made to stimulate to share the ones who did not want to do it for free.

Pricing

Pricing is more than moderate for the moment yet anyone could claim his/her/it`s/their price for the model shared. Anyway you will get 70% of retail price of model sold via this site.

Models 

All models will be provided with textures. All of them checked and well formed.

Thinking of this I will keep my fingers crossed to see you among forms.xyz members.

Best regards,

Anton Voloshin.

Hi Anton. Thanks for great work.

unfortunately the site isn't loading anything for me. is it under maintenance or something ?

Thanks,

Ariel

On 1/5/2020 at 4:31 PM, ariel said:

Hi Anton. Thanks for great work.

unfortunately the site isn't loading anything for me. is it under maintenance or something ?

Thanks,

Ariel

Hi Ariel.

Yes, you right. Links don`t point to models any more as I switched this repository to paid basis. But seems like everyone already downloaded all of my models for free. So I don`t have this project in my priorities for the moment as I already paid for site support and domain about 500$ for all those years and don`t see any point to pay any more not having a penny from it. Especially when only a few users (and I appreciate this) shared their models. So to me it is like one way road: share my assets to crowd and people don`t give anything back even by means sending their models which cost nothing to them. Not speaking hundreds of hours of my own labour to fill the site.

I decided if I won`t make enough money at least to pay hosting and domain I will close this site as domain and hosting will expire.

That is a shame Anton but you have no choice and I completely understand. You are correct, there are many more takers than givers.

Maybe Autodessys should do something for you?

Thanks for all your hard work 👏

On 1/14/2020 at 5:45 PM, Des said:

Maybe Autodessys should do something for you?

May be you right or if any of users of formz.xyz give me at least some freelance design, archivis or modeling job I`d definitely make all those models free for everyone. 

Permanent job proposal would be even better 🙂

Best regards,

Anton.

On 1/14/2020 at 5:45 PM, Des said:

Thanks for all your hard work

My pleasure.

I enjoyed do this for you guys. And proud to be a part of community.

Tech,

I do think that this is one of the things that may hamper the spread of fZ.  if Anton cannot continue, maybe it would be a good idea to pick it up and really get it to grow.

¢£

Anton

Is there any chance that we could get this model site up and running again?  What would it take?  I have dozens of models that I would like to share.  I always felt that Form.z needed a site similar to the Sketchup Warehouse in order to expand their user base.  I would also like to share materials and texture maps that would help others.  I have hundreds that I could post.   

A few years ago, there was a site called form.z depot that also offered freebies. I am curious if anyone remembers anything about it, and more importantly, why it failed? A reminder would be useful now to prevent history repeating itself. Anyway, may the force be with Anton, and his venture!

Santa,

It was I who attempted to build it.  The models of mine that I had on it, were also put here.  I do have the models of the other contributors too, but wasn't sure if it would be cool to post them or not.

That was about 15 years ago.  combination of reasons:  #1. Got busy, 2. all my computer equipment was stolen, along with all my backups.  Hence the getting busy, rebuilding what amounted to my life outside of work... amongst other things.   3.I tried to run a forum on it, pretty closed, and there was a constant barrage of spam to deal with.  4.There was also a conflict with another fZ user that thought I was trying to steel his work.  In retrospect, I had said some things that were ambiguous, and was interpreted in ways I did not intend.  I kind of bizarre experience, which helped me back away, with all the other things going on.  With no ill will intended toward that person.  Water under the bridge and all.

Really, I was not faced with the same issues Anton has been.   It would be nice to have something of the fashion up and running.

Cheers!

¢£

Edited by Chris lund

Chris,

Yes it would be nice, but I am wondering if Anton will be prepared to undertake such a task on his own. Running, maintaining, and paying for a server 24/7, in addition to associated site hosting, is not for the faint of heart!

It seems to me that it would be best if autodessys stepped up and offered some space on its servers and forums. How about it Z?

Another thing, in my humble opinion Autodessys has not been able to support the community more strongly for the constitution of a resource bank ...
for example why the initiative of Anton Voloshin is not it better supported and relayed in the foreground (sketchup had no reluctance to constitute the 3Dwharhouse ...)

This is exactly what I think!
maintaining this kind of site for one person is a full time job!