AutoDesSys Forums
R2D2

Is Thea for FormZ dead ?

The same ,I am a big fan of Thea/FZ ,I have the version of Thea Render 1.5

Will there be any update Thea Render 1.5 to 2.2 to be used in FormZ 9.0? in the site Trea nothing…..

I'm happily transitioned to VRay but I'd be open to more rendering options in FormZ.  When I purchased and used Thea previously, it was remarkably well put together compared to some of our other options.  Thea's features like camera lenses was incredible.  I'd love to see the new version with the built in denoiser, as that was really where Thea failed me previously.  

It would be up to SolidIris to update the Plugin, so you should probably reach out to them directly. 

It sure would help users here if "Tech" would at least confirm the status of this and Maxwell so we can all move along or anticipate future updates.

Solid Iris was bought by Altair. Around that time they dropped development for a number of emerging Thea integrations. We certainly embraced and supported their efforts but the only statement to us has been that they are not actively working on Thea for form•Z at this time. You would need to contact them regarding the future of Thea and form•Z. Maybe if they hear from enough people they will start work on it again. 

NextLimit has announced that they are working on an update for Maxwell for form•Z. We have not heard a release date for this yet (please check the Maxwell discussion for more details).

Today I had contact with the Maxwell support about the plugin version 5 for FormZ. They expect early next week the plugin will be available.