AutoDesSys

Grid visibility and extents

Alan Cooper

I do not often need the grid but I wish these settings were limitless. At the moment they appear very limiting indeed. Visibility only at certain zoom levels and with certain quite limiting divisions. Snap to grid has no visual feedback for the first click point of eg a rectangle. Am I missing some vital knowledge here to get it to work as expected? I'm a metric user and when I'm zoomed up close would like 10mm major grid lines, 1mm minor grid lines to snap to 0.25mm increments but when zoomed out, would like to see 100mm major grid lines and 10mm minor. A lot of the time I am not seeing any grid lines at all and when I do the grid normally does not cover a large enough area. I hope there will be improvements in version 9 on this subject and that all settings will be in one place without needing to go to File, project settings, apperance for colour; and File, project settings, working units for data scale; and Palettes, reference plane parameters for module divisions and extents. One of the most time wasting aspects of Form Z is that settings are hidden all over the place, it's a theme in the program which needs to be more user friendly in my opinion, and even more frustrating when after all that effort you still can't get it comfortable, as in this grid case.

Archived