AutoDesSys Forums
ingoerik

axis lock ?

AFAIK lock reference plane F5 and setting angle snap to 90 degrees (0, 180 or 360 won't stick) and putting certain objects on locked layers or locking objects and groups may be the closest in practice that you will get to what you are asking? 

Well, not really. I want to lock the axis so that i can only move and draw in x or y direction like it was in Fz6.

I see, you are right, it does seem to be missing that feature, even after editing workplane, snapping to something else causes new object to adopt the snapped to workplane unless in an orthogonal view. I agree proper locking is a much needed feature to lock a plane while still in an axonometric or other 3d view..

Edited by Alan Cooper

+1

A note on the current Ortho Guide Snap; If the guide is over an existing segment the "holding Shift" function does not work.  In addition holding shift does not work while scroll zooming in and out which is required to be able to align to small details which are distant from each other.  A dedicated Ortho Snap would make up for this problem.

In addition, modifying the Guide Angle Snap so that it functions like like the Radial Snap from V6 would be beneficial.  In V6 if you set the angle to 30˚ the snap will not just snap to 30˚ as it does now, but will snap to increments of 30˚ like 30, 60, 90, 120, etc.

In addition, modifying the Guide Angle Snap so that it functions like like the Radial Snap from V6 would be beneficial.  In V6 if you set the angle to 30˚ the snap will not just snap to 30˚ as it does now, but will snap to increments of 30˚ like 30, 60, 90, 120, etc.

+ 1

Agree!

While we're at it. Why can't guide lock (holding down the shift key while on a guide) lock to the guide if a segment is also where the guide is? This is very common. Now we have to zoom out, find the guide where there are no objects - lock to the guide - and zoom back in to snap.

Like I have said numerous times: Let guides rule! Dont let them be covered by aligned segments. There is no reason NOT to allow guide lock!!

+1  I was here looking for help because holding down the shift key while on an axis is not locking to that axis.  It seems like one of the most used functions, so I figured I messed it up somehow.

Edited by eyeclick