AutoDesSys

FormZ with remote desktop

rich f

Does anyone have experience with using FormZ (8.5.x) on Windows via remote desktop? I get an OpenGL error and the program won't launch. I will also note that Sketchup refuses to launch. All Autodesk stuff works fine. Old FormZ (6.7) works fine.

I expect OpenGL by definition can't work remotely, so is there a setting or workaround for this? I'm not trying to do a ton of work remotely, but sometimes I need to be able to at least open a file and make minor adjustments.

eidt: so I searched after I posted...

http://forums.formz.com/index.php?/topic/4137-issue-with-remote-desktop-workflow/

Ztech, are you saying that remote desktop works fine for you? Have you tested it?

Hi Rich,

We haven't tested this recently but we don't expect any issues.  However, both computers need to support OpenGL 3.2.  

What video card do you have on these computers, and what is the date of its driver?

And if it is more than a few months old, download the current drivers from the web site of the manufacturer of the card, and install that.

Does this help?

Remote from Macbook with 750m to desktop with 1070.

Mac is running bootcamp. Both machines on Win10.

Just loaded latest nvidia 373.06 on both.

As mentioned on the prior thread, if FormZ is already running on the remote machine, it works fine. But if I try to launch it I get - "openGL 3.2 or later is required" - then - "Unable to create Core Profile OpenGL..." then quits.

Hi Rich,

Hmmm, if it can't find OpenGL 3.2, then it is supposed to quit -- but it is odd that the remote desktop session is not properly relaying the specs for the graphics.  

We will look into this and see if there is anything we can do about it.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention. ;)

Archived