AutoDesSys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andyb

UI / Display on Imac

Hi,

Quick question,

On my mac when I open FormZ I basically get a series of floating windows, where I can still my desktop on the background. If I maximise the main modelling window I loose sight of the dock and can't see any handles to re-size the window.

Is there some kind of full screen mode that I'm missing where everything is nicely sized and I cant see my desktop? (Like max or cinema etc) It's really annoying seeing my desktop in the background.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

There is not a specific option for this at this moment, but we will see if we can add this for the not too distant future.  ;)

Thanks for your suggestion.

could this be caused by the 5k screen on the new iMac's?

I'm asking because I had similar UI issues when I started using a 40" 4k screen on my PC Station... the UI seemed to have trouble positioning its various elements and some palettes became inactive unless I deleted their container palette.... 

Very odd.

David,

Andy is requesting a unified interface where there are no "gaps" where you could potentially see "through" the program to the desktop or other software.

We don't know what you are describing, so if you are still having any issues with this, please email us directly at support@formz.com and inclulde more info so we can help.

Hi Andy,

I am using FZ on an iMac and as Ahtoh points out if you use the green dot FZ goes full screening you don't get the desktop appearing behind your modeling window.

It helps to have the "Show scroll bars" selected to 'Always'  in Apple System Preferences.  This way you get to see the resize handles etc.

Hope this helps,

Kim

Hi guys, yes your right about the green button to enlarge the window, but If i do that I loose my dock at the bottom and also the apple 'menu' bar that runs across the top of the screen. 

I really hope they make some interface changes. Thanks for the tip Kim, I have made that change.

Andy