AutoDesSys

FormZ Layout - export linetypes/layers?

Paulji

I confess I haven't as yet downloaded FormZ Pro trial (with Layout) but have given the manual a read.  

One of my major clients requires final project output to be in DWG format.  I'd really like to avoid ACAD and use a single integrated software.  I'd be very interested if FormZ Layout could be that software.

Layout appears to do a great job exporting pdf files of 2D architectural drawings.   My suggestion would be to be able to export linetypes, layers, text and dimensions from Layout to DWG format.  Is this a software development impossibility?   Its something I once asked on a SketchUP forum and sort of got boo'd down.  

Wow!  That would be awesome ... very promising.    I'll definitely give that a try after I download the trial version and let you know.  

Some additional questions are whether the text and dimensions created in Layout came across as well? or whether there would be a workaround?

Do Layout frames with 2D "clipping plane" sections and hatching export or does the Export DWG bring in the entire 3D model?   

Will definitely check it out. Thanks.

Paul,

Yes, you can export text and dimensions.  Export DWG (not Export Image) will export a 2d view of your project at the specified scale when exporting from Layout Mode.  (Or of you used the Export DWG command from the modeling project, then the full 3d model will be exported.)  Please give it a try and let us know if you have any further questions.

Archived