AutoDesSys Forums
3dworks

select by criteria - suggestions, again

this has already requested again and again, but i can't find it anymore and it is on the top things making me climb wall up in FZ.

when you are using the 'select by criteria' palette on a day by day basis, it's just a pain to select any geometry 'by materials' attribute. the small scrollable window does just show tiny thumbnail without any text, and - as an icing on the cake - the order is even different than in the main material panel. see screenshot.

Select_By_Criteria_2016-09-01_19-34-40.p

please fix and enhance this, it's almost unusable at this point, but so important if you mass edit complex scenes!

hopefully next update?

kind regards

markus

sorry, but i'm really disappointed as nothing seems to happen here. this is an important tool to keep up with complex projects. with latest update the materials box containing tiny icons even behaves more erratically than before, making a selection impossible. at least please list materials by name, then we can pick something useful here...

sorry, but i'm really disappointed as nothing seems to happen here. this is an important tool to keep up with complex projects. with latest update the materials box containing tiny icons even behaves more erratically than before, making a selection impossible. at least please list materials by name, then we can pick something useful here...

Yes, as far as priorities are concerned, this ought to be high on the list but seems forgotten as you say.

My guess is that it will be a v9 feature.  If so I would probably use it a lot more.