AutoDesSys

More Layout issues.

AHTOH

I am tired to repeat but AutoDesSys has to do something with Layout to get it to work:

1) SIMPLE!!! lines not even models, so no booleans or any complex computing just 55000 points takes about 5 minutes to show up in Layout

2) What I do in Modeling environment does not match to Layout and it is a disaster!

Model:

post-46-0-79915800-1471173665_thumb.png

Layout:

post-46-0-08729500-1471173665_thumb.png

3) And finally I have to redo almost entire urgent project because Layout does not print Leader annotations made in Modeling in proper way.

post-46-0-90769000-1471173659_thumb.png

Or should AutoDesSys get rid of it and make me not to hope I have drafting module coming with FormZ.

Really disappointing!

Models could be found here

Hi Anton,

Sorry you are having trouble.  If we open your FMZ file and make a change, then switch to Layout, the Layout is updating both of your frames in ~27 seconds for us (vs 5 minutes).  Is this file taking that long for you -- or is that in reference to a different file?

If we switch back to the FMZ file, and change your custom Dimension Style to the default, then the text all shows up nice and clearly:

post-5-0-89178400-1471267450_thumb.jpg

It also resolves the overlapping / shifted text that you show in 2:

post-5-0-58131300-1471267450_thumb.jpg

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  If you temporarily use a custom dimension style that is closer to the Default settings, does that allow you to work around the issue for now?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  If you temporarily use a custom dimension style that is closer to the Default settings, does that allow you to work around the issue for now?

Thank`s for clarification. What font you use by default? I have Lucida Grande and actually I can`t change font successfully in Leader line/Annotations as only some fonts get selected and most of them are rendered badly. For instance I can`t select bold versions of fonts. I select Gill-Sans Bold and see only Gill-Sans and it is rendered/printed badly in Layout than. And same with some other fonts on my computer. In fact I did not succeed with any.

Hi Anton,

You are on a Mac, right?  If so, go to Font Book, Select all your Fonts, and choose Validate Fonts from the menu.  Then Disable any fonts that are found to have problems.

Does that help make your fonts work better?

And if you try using the default Dimension Style (temporarily) on your computer, does that then look correct as we show above -- or do you still have issues with this?

Anton,

I agree with you and I believe: forget Layout. Actually, I gave up to use it.

Tech,

I always 'appreciate' your comments to ask the user to send a file and respond with "when we open the file we do not have any problem...", as if the issue of the complaining user is an "exceptional" case.

A while ago ADS asked me to make a list with issues, but I mentioned many by mail as soon as I found one while I am using the program in the middle of my production workflow.

Why again making a list? Well, it's a patron the way Tech is responding in general. For the public it's better to let them believe it's a single issue, commercially seen I believe.

On the other hand it makes me tired to send again and again the same issues by mail. This is a pity, because I actually wanted to help ADS so they could make their program better. As I said before... I gave up.

Hopefully soon we get some news about new versions of FormZ and hopefully many of the problems will be solved, structural!.

Anyway, I still believe in ADS.

Anton, I wish you good luck.

Hugo,

The last update included many improvements for Layout and if you haven't tried it recently, you should consider trying it again.

There is never a need to send the same bug report more than once, but if there is an issue that you can reproduce, it is certainly worth reporting it once.  If we can reproduce a problem, we can get it corrected.

With Anton's custom text, we did reproduce this issue so we can get a correction for that for the future.  It works fine if we change the Dimension Style to the default though -- and knowing if that works for Anton would be helpful -- and if it does, that can serve as a work-around until the correction is available.

Archived