AutoDesSys

Emitters applied to single faces of solid objects

setz

I often apply an emitter to a single face of a solid object. To avoid the render error generated by incompatibility with Maxwell I select the face and separate it from the object prior to rendering and then re stitch it later for when I need it to be part of a the solid again.

It would be a nice feature if the plugin had the option of automatically separating off these emitter faces just for the render (and for Fire), leaving the objects in the model as solids for continued modeling.

It is already very useful to have the plug-in append [ERR] to object names to find objects which have inadvertently had faces changed to emitters through booleans where they are not wanted. This option saves a lot of time in locating these objects so that the unwanted emitter faces can be re assigned to the objects material.

Thank you for all your hard work on this plug-in. It's really developed well, is detailed but intuitive and is a great asset to an efficient workflow.

Hi Setz,

Thanks for your compliments, I appreciate them.

I'll look into automatically unstitching faces.

Would it be possible to group the emitting parts with the rest of the objects? This approach would mesh with the current formZ organizational logic (post v6, where groups are typically locked).

Archived