AutoDesSys Forums
-andrew-

Can't seem to install successfully

Hi everyone,

Like the topic says... install seems to run fine, but after I start FormZ, I can't find it!

(It's not showing up in Extensions....)

Any ideas?

thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Did you select the appropriate version (formZ 8.0/8.5, 32/64-bit) and install location during setup?

If you go to the Plugins folder inside the form Z installation directory can you see the TheaRender folder?

Regards,

Manolis

Hi Manolis,

I wasn't really given any choices for something that looks to be a "correct" install location - I don't think there are any instructions, so I let it install wherever it defaulted; there is nothing for Thea in the FZ plugins folder.

I do have a Thea folder in my Applications folder now, though.

The file I downloaded and ran is "TheaForFormZBundle_v1.5.06.309.1434".

Thanks!

Hi Andrew,

Sorry I am not sure if you are using Windows or Mac, I assumed Windows in my previous post. 

So, on Windows there is a separate installer for the plugin but it doesn't do any detection of the installed form Z versions. All builds are listed and the user selects one according to his/her form Z version (8.0 or 8.5 and 32-bit or 64-bit).

At the next screen you specify the actual installation folder, this could be auto-filled if a form Z installation is detected in the default location but please check that the path corresponds to the actual form Z plugins folder.

On Mac there is no separate installer for the plugin (TheaRender Installer installs Thea Studio). For the plugin you have to copy-paste the TheaRender folder to the FZ plugins folder. Again, there are two versions one for formZ 8 and another one for 8.5. Hope that helps!