AutoDesSys

formZ no longer recognizing Wacom Pen Clicks

DMclean

formZ seems to have stopped recognizing the distinction of left and right mouse clicks when used with my tablet and the Wacom pen. I have the rocker switch programmed to be Middle Click and Right Click, and formZ no longer seems to recognize this. When I use it to "right click" it is now behaving as if it is a normal left click and selects the tool or menu item rather than bringing up the Options that right click would normally do.

This is a recent behaviour as it seemed to work fine in the past. It still recognizes right clicks from a mouse. I'm using formZ 8.5.4 Build 9837 and the latest Wacom drivers. Tablet is an Intuos pro. Mac OS X 10.10.5

Does this with new or old files, not just one specific file.

Anyone else having this problem?

Doug

Hi Doug,

If it worked before and your formZ and OS have not changed, then there must be something in the settings for the tablet that are causing this.  (Different FMZ files would have no affect on this.)   If you reset your WACOM settings, or delete and reinstall the WACOM software / drivers, does that help?

Reset of Wacom Settings did nothing. Delete and reinstall of the latest version still leaves the problem. Fortunately I did have an older dmg install file from Wacom and removing the software and then re-installing the older version resolved the problem.

So, on my system...

Wacom 6.3.8-2 works fine but 

Wacom 6.3.16-12 which is the latest version of the drivers and software does not recognize the rocker switch settings within formZ. Haven't had time to check if the problem is also in other software as well, but for now I will just use the older driver until I have a chance to explore further.

Still curious as to whether anyone else can duplicate this or if it only happens to Canadians on the West Coast on cloudy days starting with a W... :)

Mac Pro 5,1

OS X 10.10.5 (14F1808)

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,

Today the sun is out so I tested my Wacom tablet with FZ.  On the pen toggle switch I have right click on the lower toggle and middle click on the upper toggle.  Not to put a jinx in the system, all is working fine - - - today.

Here are my specs: Wacom intuos 5 touch running 6-3.15-3 on an iMac running all the latest and greatest OS and FZ Renderzone. 

Best of luck solving your problem - you may need to move to the East coast?

Kim

Thanks Doug for the heads up.  Just so happens that today I got a notice from Wacom that I need to update to 6.3.16-12. 

As things are presently working ok - thanks to your warning  - I will not update the driver as I don't have an older dmg file hanging around.

_Kim

• 4 months later...

Archived