AutoDesSys

Material attributes

etroxel

Is there a way to add an attribute to a material? Say for instance I'd like to put a dollar value attribute to each material in my project. I'd like to have fZ export through the Information Management palette the cost per square foot of each surface per material, or at least a dollar amount so I can add a formula script to it so it will do the math for me. 

Currently I can get the surface area out of the program no problem, but now I want a way for formZ to do it automatically so my spreadsheet updates when I try out different design options.

It would be good to have some sort of walk-through in the manual on how to use the Formula Script editor in the Information Management palette. Right now I can't find any guidelines to properly format it.

Any ideas?

To further elaborate, I am doing cost take-offs for architecture projects through the design development. I am using the Information Management tool to export surface areas into CSV format and loading the file into Microsoft Power BI to visualize the data in different ways. When I make a design change, I re-export the CSV file and Power BI updates automatically. So while I could add the cost data into a new column in the CSV file (or Excel file / whatever) I need to be able to just overwrite the cells with updated data so I am trying to stay away from customizing the raw output from fZ. This is why I'd like to have the ability to add more information within fZ directly and bypass the spreadsheet altogether.

[bUG] I have found an oddity in the CSV output and you can see it in this screen grab. Look for the red rectangle - there's a rogue text field in the output:

post-213-0-24615000-1464187657_thumb.jpg

This is in version 8.5.4

Thanks!

Archived