AutoDesSys

export problems.

Rudy Daverveld

Hi Zweb, all,

I'm trying to export for cl3ver but experiencing some problems. When exporting to .KMZ and .DAE the files are empty (no geometry).

Also the linked texturemaps are exported twice when exporting to .3DS .OBJ DAE and others.

Are these known issues?

I've attached the regarding file.

Kind regards

Rudy Daverveld

PS  First impressions of cl3ver are very impressive! Anybody experience with this service in combination with Form Z.

test-01.fmz.zip

Hi Rudy,

I am not sure why the DAE export is having an issue with your file.  Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.

If you use the .OBJ Export instead, does that work better for you?  

(NOTE that you should try with and without the Triangulate All Faces to see which works best with Cl3ver for you.)

Does that help?

Thanks Zweb

The .obj works with triangulate on. Colors and maps are not coming thru, but this could be a Cl3ver issue.  Would be nice to have a plug in in FormZ which does all the work. Is this something we can expect? Have you had a look at Cl3ver allready? The interactive presentation tools are far better then Sketchfab. It looks better to me, and the editor is easier. the whole is more professional and bussines then sketchfab.

PS the duplicate texturemaps when exporting with texturemaps on, is this right? This is not a big issue but when uploading in a cloud based program it is wise to upload only the essential...

Kind regards

Rudy

Hi Rudy,

We have tested OBJ export to many other programs and the textures are working fine there, so you should check with Cl3ver to see why they are not working there.  (Perhaps they expect a specific texture format or something?)

We are not getting any duplicate textures.  If you Export your file to a New Folder, do you get more than one texture file per color map?

Hi Rudy,

We are not getting this.

Please save your FMZ file with the original image map file into a new folder, zip it, and attach it to your post (with the More Reply Options) so we can see what you are doing.

Find attached the original FMZ file and the texture. I had to export it to JPG the original texture was PSD.

I found out now:

The file with the JPG texture is exporting 2 textures, the one with the PSD file as texture is exporting 3 files (all JPG as selected in the dialog)

Find that there is also a file exported named logo.png which is 0 x 0 pixels when exporting.

FMZ original.zip

Archived