AutoDesSys

need normal cars for 6.7.3

Designeer

I am doing a rendering for a commercial building

My ability to go to Sketchup warehouse and save download to version 4 then use FormZ Free to export a STL to get it into 6.7.3 has failed.  FormZFree will not save down to earlier versions......I am frustrated...........no time for learning newer versions, have to get the work out........help !!

Need normal everyday cars to fill the street with...................about 4 or 5............anybody?

Hi Designeer,

The formZ Jr or Pro versions will save back to v6.5 and later, but the free version does not.  Perhaps you should upgrade your copy of formZ, and backsave for now -- and learn the new version when you have time?

Yes, I will look into how much it will cost me to upgrade, thank you for the insights on how to make it work through upgrading

and for now:

I need a few cars from someone :-)

Don't have much on my own (just a couple Army vehicles and the Polaris slingshot), but check out archive3d.net.  They have free models with several types of cars.

good luck!

-db

My ability to go to Sketchup warehouse and save download to version 4 then use FormZ Free to export a STL to get it into 6.7.3 has failed. 

Not sure about that workflow.... what is "version 4" - do you mean 2014?

Can you download the current version of Sketchup Pro? (I believe the demo has an 8 hour usage time limit, but I haven't tried it lately... make sure you quit when you aren't using it so the timer doesn't keep running.) Use that to down save to Sektchup V6, which FormZ 6.7 can open directly.

Why bother with Sketchup Pro when the free version of Sketchup can back save to V6 just fine.  Then again, why bother with Sketchup in general.  Their models are horrible and cause nothing but problems in Form.z.  Lately if I need a model I go to 3DSky.com.  They are the most reasonably priced models I have found and with Form.z's latest FBX importer the files come in pretty well.  Some of their models are free and some cost a whopping $12!  A total steal considering the time it takes to make these. 

Why bother with Sketchup Pro when the free version of Sketchup can back save to V6 just fine.... Lately if I need a model I go to 3DSky.com.

I don't know exactly which versions of Sketchup do what... if free can do it that's great... Pro is needed for certain import/export formats.

I'm guessing you mean 3dsky.org ... 3dsky.com is just a "domain for sale" link.

Yes, those do look like some decent cheap models, thanks for the tip.

Don't have much on my own (just a couple Army vehicles and the Polaris slingshot), but check out archive3d.net.  They have free models with several types of cars.

good luck!

Got a couple normal cars from here, THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

Not sure about that workflow.... what is "version 4" - do you mean 2014?

Can you download the current version of Sketchup Pro? (I believe the demo has an 8 hour usage time limit, but I haven't tried it lately... make sure you quit when you aren't using it so the timer doesn't keep running.) Use that to down save to Sektchup V6, which FormZ 6.7 can open directly.

Thank you Rich, I have enough cars from generous folks now to get the work out.

Thank you all :-)

Why bother with Sketchup Pro when the free version of Sketchup can back save to V6 just fine.  Then again, why bother with Sketchup in general.  Their models are horrible and cause nothing but problems in Form.z.  Lately if I need a model I go to 3DSky.com.  They are the most reasonably priced models I have found and with Form.z's latest FBX importer the files come in pretty well.  Some of their models are free and some cost a whopping $12!  A total steal considering the time it takes to make these. 

I'd never heard of 3dsky.  Glad I popped in and checked out the thread! 

thanks!

db

Archived