AutoDesSys

Trim surfaces

AHTOH

Hi Anton,

In order to successfully Trim, the cutting shape needs to completely "cut through" the object to be cut.  So in the image below, on the left, you can see that there is a coincident edge:

post-5-0-01849100-1458924012_thumb.jpg

In the middle, we moved one of the objects so it does cut completely through the other shape, and on the right you can see the resulting trim.

Does that help?

Regarding uploads to the Forum, if you Edit your User account, you can Delete files you have uploaded that are no longer necessary...

Hi Anton,

Go to My Profile (click on your name from the upper right), then Edit Profile -- and Manage Attachments (on the lower left)...

Did the Trim answer above help?

Hello Tech. 

Unfortunately I could not find any files management in my profile.

Unfortunately I need both surfaces to be trimmed, have common edge and transit from one to another.

Anton,

When one surface ends inside another, it is not possible to cut with that surface (the cut must go all the way through the other surface).  

Use the NURBS Extend tool to extend the cutting surface so it cuts completely through the other shape and then you can Trim it.

Anton,

Did you check these objects with the Object Doctor?

(Cutting with objects that have intersecting or irregular faces is expected to have problems, since intersecting faces are not well defined.)

Archived