AutoDesSys

Color display, especially dimensions

Alan Cooper

Sometimes fiddling with settings in FZ feels like some sort of Mensa test rather than a straight forward adjustment to settings to achieve desired result.

This is especially true with displaying dimensions in a desired color, and the color of other objects. I think I have achieved the color combination display of dimensions and objects in wireframe and shaded work in the past, but recreating it is at the moment a challenge which is too time consuming and consequently expensive.

A simple color override for dimensions, preferably in the dimensions styles palette, so different styles can be set to required colors would be a huge improvement please.

Thank you, but yes I think you have missed something which is the efficiency improvement which could be made to the display of dimensions specifically.

I think my main frustration is I often want to show dimensions in shaded work display with black lines for the objects, but dimensions shown with a different colour. Because dimensions are considered an 'object', to display the dimension colors as different from everything else, (which also requires selecting them first to change their object color in their object attributes dialogue) it is necessary to also display the other objects with their object colors, when sometimes that is not desirable. There is probably a way round this because FormZ does give a lot of control, but it isn't as quick and simple as it would be if controlled in the dimension styles palette, so a dimension appears the desired color as it is being made and doesn't affect anything else or require any further action.

So I do wish I could set color options for dimensions in the dimensions styles properties, as that would be much more efficient. Just because I want to show dimensions in a specific color, it doesn't mean I want to show everything else by their object color or make adjustments which are not wanted in other situations, like when not displaying the dimensions.

Archived