AutoDesSys

Display options dialog on 1366x768 laptop screen

jsiggia

Z,

I'm unable to see the bottom portion of this dialog on my laptop screen, so the update button us unavailable to me. (render zone)

As stated in other posts we do have unused space in this dialog. 

I think this should be classified more as a bug than a feature request so I'm posting here.

Thanks for your attention to this.

Joe

Joe,

In general we recommend a screen with 900 pixels (or greater) in height. As average screen resolutions have increased over the years, OS X an Windows have both increased the default size for interface elements making dialogs and palettes use more screen real estate.

In formZ you can control the font size of the text in dialogs and palettes. This is set in the Interface->Dialogs and Interface->Palettes sections of the Preferences dialog. Reducing the font size should reduce the dialog to fit on your screen. You may need to experiment with different sizes to achieve an optimal setting for your screen,

I suppose trying to work with Z on this laptop was doomed from the start. If I have any control over the next one, things will be different.

I the mean time I'll try changing the font size as you suggest. Closing up the empty space at the bottom of the dialog would help though.

Thanks,

Joe

Archived