AutoDesSys

Layers visibility "click to toggle" bug

Andre Conlledo

I'm having a weird experience when I click to toggle the visibility of layers.

• Mouse clicking isn't very accurate for starters on that tab.
  • Sometimes I click to Ghost layers and it just hides them all together.
  • Sometimes I have to double click for anything to happen.
  • Most of the times I cant get it to cycle properly (Ghost, Not visible, Visible) and I get a random result: I click to toggle and it goes from Visible to Hidden or I click to make Visible and it goes straight to Ghost.

https://youtu.be/PFQa679Vwe8

It's happening on my Mac too. It could be the size of the file, but often a double click on layer visibility (to turn it off from on) makes the layer blink and just be visible again. I find the visibility button for each layer to not be very responsive no matter what I'm trying do do with it in any of the 3 states it has.

Hi Evan,

Can you please send the file where you are encountering this to support@formz.com so we can test with it here?  Please also indicate which layers you are double-clicking when it occurs so we can test that directly....

Gentlemen,

We have found a case where we can reproduce this issue on Windows.  We are not seeing this on OS X though -- so if you are using Windows, we are working on a correction for this.  If you have a file where this occurs on a Mac, if you can send it, we will investigate and correct that as well.  ;)

I have this on Mac. I believe its a trade of situasjon with the double-click speed.

I can manage the layers quite good now, but not double-click fast enough to edit materials. So I use the contextual menu instead.

Click to ghost a layer and drag down the menu to ghost more. Great feature. Fails, or at least hard to use, if double-click speed is set to too slow.

This is a little tricky, because it seems to happen in files that are, not very big, but normal. Not on new empty files.

I tried it out with a couple of files, and both had the same behavior. I have not modified the double click speed from defaults on my system. I may double-click quickly (or maybe not...), but not any more quickly than anywhere else in the system, like when opening a file. I've found that if I double click the visibility icon, the layer goes completely off, and back on. It skips the ghosted state. But not every time. Just most of the time. Give it a try - double click several times in a row with a normal length gap in between and see if the results are what you expect - which to me would be that the layer state cycles through 2 states. It seems really irregular to me. Sometimes it goes 2 steps, sometimes one, sometimes skipping states completely.

I can send a file if you'd like, but again it happens on all of mine.

Archived