AutoDesSys

network problem - Qwidget error

Spacer

Hello,

apologies for posting here- the Maxwell forum is just not as reactive, so I hope Pylon and any other powers that be will forgive my posting here. Desperation outweighs protocol. I am under dealine and am spending a lot more time trying to get this to work than i am working on my rendering...

since getting both FZ 8.5.0.2 and Maxwell 3.2.1.0 on 2 WIN7 64bit machines, I cannot use network render.

the Monitor sees the node on the other machine, and the node sees and receives the job but now i get this:

[09/January/2016 19:13:31] Connection for scene file reception.
[09/January/2016 19:13:31] DEPENDENCY RECEIVED: learn__View_1_4.mxs
[09/January/2016 19:13:31] Dependency marked as received: learn__View_1_4.mxs
[09/January/2016 19:13:31] Entering in allDependenciesReceived..
[09/January/2016 19:13:31] ...all dependencies received!
[09/January/2016 19:13:31] Scene path: C:\Users\O'BRIEN\AppData\Local\Temp\mxnetwork\rendernode_NODE-1\learn__View_1_4.mxs
[09/January/2016 19:13:31] Time: 30
[09/January/2016 19:13:31] SL: 25
[09/January/2016 19:13:31] Connecting to render process: Binding to port: 45463
[09/January/2016 19:13:31] Start rendering process...
[09/January/2016 19:13:31] Maxwell rendering process started successfully.
[09/January/2016 19:13:31] Notify to manager dependency was received: learn__View_1_4.mxs
[09/January/2016 19:13:31] QWidget: Cannot create a QWidget when no GUI is being used
[09/January/2016 19:13:31] ERROR: Render process failed! Exit code: 1

I tried re-installing the Node, and still the same. I have noticed that when i start of the node on the node machine it takes longer to open than in Past versions- like 10 seconds or so.

anyway- I still cannot render through my network!!! ugh

Peter

Hi Spacer,

1. Make sure you only have one version of the Maxwell Render Suite installed on each machine. If there are others, uninstall them.

2. Make sure you are running ONLY the standard network rendering component applications OR the Technology Preview rendering components (app names prefixed "tp_"), and not a combination.

3. In formZ, if you make a new project with just a cube and physical sky, does this render?

4. In Studio, if you make a new project with just a cube and physical sky, does this render? (That is, do not use formZ.)

I am not an expert on the Network Render system, and the network rendering system at my office has always "just worked," so other than this I cannot help you directly. If you are a current customer, you can submit a help ticket to Next Limit at https://portal.nextlimit.com/

If for some reason #3 above does not work, but #4 does work, definitely get back in touch here.

Hi Pylon,

thanks I will try all those, except...

this brings up something important. following what you say about uninstalling older versions (1)- often I see that when people here run into problems withj latest versions of eother FZ or Maxwell, they revert to previous versions which were stable to get a job out the door. So if I start uninstalling my "Maxwell 2" folder in my "Programmes"(my OS in in French) folder in "C", then if I want to revert I have to re-install the old versions, etc??

Just to be completely clear, that what you are sayingI should do?

thakns again-

Peter

1. Make sure you only have one version of the Maxwell Render Suite installed on each machine. If there are others, uninstall them.

You can download the Maxwell 2 installers from the customer portal should you need to reinstall it for some reason. Also, you might want to keep a copy of the installer for safe-keeping.

Archived