AutoDesSys

toold to re-establish paths after renaming folder containing MXMs a,nd textures

Spacer

Hi,

Newly purchased 8.5 with Maxwell 3.2.1.0.

In a  file which rendered fine under previous versions, I get "Scene contains error. Review log for details" message when I hit (not network) render using Maxwell.

I am getting messages in my log at network render with FZ 8.5.0.2 concerning non-safe characters. i think  it mght be that I have a "+" sing in a folder name containing my references "Materials + Textures" is the folder nam enad everything is is therE. It was never an issue with network rendering before. but now if I change this to "Materials_Textures", I guess i will have to fix every path of revery mxm and all their textures.. days of work!! Is there not a way to automate this?  much thanks-

or if it only says "WARNING" and not "ERROR", does it mean that this isn't my rendering problem?

Peter

a quote from the log:

"52    Notice          Resource Mngr  File Search (MXM Ref'd File) C:\Maxwell Prefs\MATERIAUX + TEXTURES\TEXTURES\Bord Granite 1024 x 1024 bmp2.jpg
53    Notice          Resource Mngr  File Status    File on previous line FOUND at existing path
54    *WARNING*       Resource Mngr  File Status    WARNING: File path above contains non-safe characters. Use A-Z a-z . _ - and SPACE only for portability.
55    Notice          Translator     Create Material 'Material 49'
56    Notice          Resource Mngr  File Search (MXM) \\I7\travail\PROJECTS\Deux Magots i7\PSGDP Pierres.mxm
57    Notice          Resource Mngr  File Status    File on previous line FOUND at existing path
58    Notice          Resource Mngr  File Search (MXM Ref'd File) C:\Maxwell Prefs\MATERIAUX + TEXTURES\TEXTURES\Paves PSGDP2048.jpg
59    Notice          Resource Mngr  File Status    File on previous line FOUND at existing path
60    *WARNING*       Resource Mngr  File Status    WARNING: File path above contains non-safe characters. Use A-Z a-z . _ - and SPACE only for portability.
61    Notice          Translator     Create Material 'bACKGROUND'  
62    Notice          Resource Mngr  File Search (MXM) C:\Maxwell Prefs\MATERIAUX + TEXTURES\MATERIALS\Project specific MXMs\2 MagotSGDP.mxm
63    Notice          Resource Mngr  File Status    File on previous line FOUND at existing path
64    *WARNING*       Resource Mngr  File Status    WARNING: File path above contains non-safe characters. Use A-Z a-z . _ - and SPACE only for portability."

the whole log here:

Deux-Magots_Model_02v8 Maxwell log.txt

Hi Peter,

You do not need to correct the WARNING - level filepath issues if they are not causing you any trouble.

You do need to correct ERROR - level issues, however. There are errors of lines 155 and 159 of your log. When you select Extensions > Maxwell Render > Log, all lines with errors are highlighted (blue by default) so you can find them easily.

Regarding changing multiple paths at once, there is no need to do this manually. Just use the Resource Manager to add resource search paths and any re-linking will be done for you automatically. See http://support.nextlimit.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16810300

Archived