AutoDesSys

Animated clipping plane

wjo53

Hi WJO,

There is not an automated way to generate an animation from a clipping plane, but there are many capture programs you could use to make a screen capture while you are playing a video.  Does that allow you to get what you want?

Hadn't thought of a capture program.  I may try that route.  Thanks.

John

FWIW I have found the free Jing by Techsmith useful for recording short clips of video except it doesn't allow FZ keyboard shortcuts while running. So instead, I use Ashampoo Snap8 which is great value, almost as good as Techsmith's SnagIt for a fraction of the price, and if I want to upload the result or some of that result to Screencast web host which Jing uses by default very effectively, I record the Snap8 video using Jing, which gives really simple free hosting and sharing for immediate link pasting. Overcomes the shortcuts problem, and gives opportunity for simple post editing.

On the mac, I use ScreenFlow.  on it's own, it costs $99  but I got it in a bundle, where the whole bundle was $40. needless to say, I got the bundle just so I could have this app.'

It works really well.  It not only captures the video, but User interaction ( keystrokes, mouse clicks (locations), Microphone .)

and all of this can be displayed in the final video (by choice.)  Minor Video and audio editing capabilities are built in.

Great for pointing out software bugs and doing tutorials.

http://telestream.net/screenflow/overview.htm?__c=1

Archived