AutoDesSys

Any 3d-Coat users? Triangulation....

-andrew-

This may apply to other 3D programs as well, but I'm trying to export an object to bring into a 3D painting program and can't seem to get it to work "cleanly"...

I'm getting lots of artifacts; this may very well be a function of 3D-Coat, but I'm really not sure what the best way to prepare a model for 3D painting would be.

Any takers?

thx

Andrew

Yes, do use the triangulate tool and triangulate all faces. Export as obj. When 3DCoat asks about retaining scale answer yes so that you can reimport back into FZ at the right scale. 3D coat is great for sculpting, retopology, UV and painting. I use it with FZ often.

Hi setz-

Thanks for your help!

How are you importing the model to 3DC? I don't see an option for scale when I open it.

Also... even with a basic model I import, I find 3DC is crashing a LOT. Many times when it's creating the ambient occlusion layer... any ideas?

thx again

Andrew

• 2 months later...

Hi Andrew.

Later is better than never. I export obj with 1 to 1 scale. Make sure it is mm, as 3D Coat works with millimiters. Don't have too many crashes. Do you check how many polis has your mesh as you import?

Best,

Anton.

Archived