AutoDesSys

Some Thea for FormZ

AHTOH

Nice.  The GTX 770 is a good card.  

Comparing the Octane Render Benchmark tests, you could cut your GTX 770 rendering times by more than half using a single GTX 980ti. - https://render.otoy.com/octanebench/results.php?sort_by=avg&filter=&singleGPU=1

Or you could grab (2) GTX 970's and cut your rendering times by 3 times as much!  - https://render.otoy.com/octanebench/summary_detail_item.php?systemID=2x+GTX+970

Just some food for thought.  Upgrading GPUs is so cheap and easy.  While Octane is not Thea, the results should still be comparable as a GPU accelerated renderer, one would think.

I can't wait to finally get my hands on Thea for FormZ.

Yes I believe it is going to make sense to add second card as soon as I`ll get final TfFZ. Fortunately my system allows that. At least movies would be done in real time.  

I myself is waiting for a new build where disappearing material properties bug will be fixed. So I won`t have to reset all the materials as soon as I closed and reopen my file. Little annoying huh?

Anton.

• 1 month later...

Any more updates on how this is going? Any more teasers?

Looking forward to trying this and Vray plugins.

Hello bluemonkey.

hope it is going well. We had a meeting recently and hope there will be another beta l release with some our suggestions implemented. And hope it is going to be prefinal. For now there is  a huge difference in what we saw in a beginning.

Actually you may see another teaser in my next post here at Tutorials by Users.

Anton.

Thanks for the update Anton, I'm looking forward to this.

I did had little play with Thea studio demo a few years ago but didn't immediately gel with it and didn't have much time to get to grips with it.

I'm hoping that the plug-in will obviously make working a lot more immediate and also there will be some quick start tutorials and 'wizards' to get us working with it quickly!

Archived