AutoDesSys

Return the "Delete Topology" tool or...

¢hris £und

Not always.  But the real problem is, I can't quite figure out when I should do what.

Too, the old way, I could have the tool selected then just pound through what I want to remove,   Now  I have to pre-pick then choose which way I want to delete.  Often, it will remove far more than I want.  if it does that, then oddly the delete geometry one will work (not removing more than I want)

When I get some time, I will isolate what and when... Right now, there doesn't appear to be any logic to it.  Though, I am sure there is.

Thanks!

I use the Delete and the Delete Topology tools all the time with both pre - when I have large groups of topology items, and post picking, (by holding down Cmd) when I want to delete topological items one at a time.  They seem to perform as expected on my machine.

Currently using the Delete Key seems to consistently default to "Delete Geometry" deleting all connected segments and faces.  In V6, if you selected topology - points, segments or faces, and then hit delete or backspace, there used to be a pop up dialog asking whether you wanted Topology or Geometry deleted.  It would be good to have this option back again. See image from V6.

An alternative would be to have the Delete key delete Geometry and the Backspace key delete Topology.

post-176-0-46615100-1449594787_thumb.png

Please review

http://63.231.92.31/Show/Geometry%20Delete.mp4

This all along is supposed to be a delete topology issue.   In the original post, I mention that i want the behavior added to the Delete Geometry tool so that it COULD behave like the old Delete Topo of 6.X   Tech then asked if the delete key does not function the same as the what I want.... it does  not.

Other things will happen too.   Essentially, the Topo delete should only remove the topology that is selected  ( point topo excluded )

I preferred it as a tool as I could keep the tool selected and be able to click at my pleasure.

A separate tool as it used to be would be fine, or as suggested at the top,  adding options to the existing tool (and renaming it)   so that a single tool could do both would work too.

(though, those options would need to be able to have key short cuts added to them!)

:)

Archived