AutoDesSys

animation

tbray

Hi Support,

I have generated a quick file from Form Z as a camera along a spline from the splines in the animation tab.

For some reason I can't get the axis X,Y,Z to flip properly to stop it from flying upside down during the playback through animation timeline.

I have made the colours on model so you can see it flip when you scrub the timeline through the 10 seconds manually.

What am I doing wrong please tell me how to correct the spline...?

The reason for this small test is to generate a animation and render through Maxwell which I have done in this test and output a quicktime through after effects - works well but I now want

to render through "Rebus Renderfarm" 

I tried and failed. I don't think package for render farm allows the Rebus server side to pick out each frame from the animation camera view I created from camera along path.

There is option for render sequence from maxwell from rebus side but these are individual mxi views I think.

Anyway I have sent support ticket to Rebus about this issue.

Have you had any experience with Rebus?

Can I save out individual mxi's from form Z that reflect the animation sequence from a Camera view along a spline - this is the question?

Kind Regards

Troy

test anim.fmz.zip

Hi Troy,

If we animate our view along your path with these options, it does not flip:

post-5-0-74028800-1448903940_thumb.jpg

Does that work for you?  In case it helps, here is our file:

test anim2.fmz.zip

Regarding Maxwell Render, we don't support that directly, so you should post your question to the Maxwell section of the forums (if it relates directly to the formZ plugin) or to the Next Limit forum (if it is regarding Maxwell Studio, or Render Farms).

Hi Troy,

To render an animation in Maxwell:

http://support.nextlimit.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=38869437

We do not have experience with Rebus. However, in general you will want to 'package for renderfarm' to collect your render dependencies, then use the instructions linked above to generate a frames for the animation. Make sure you upload the animation BASE frame, too; the individual animation frames depend on it. Perhaps make a very simple test to make sure Rebus is interpreting everything properly, with at least one static and one animated object in the project.

G'day

I reset camera and it works thank you for this as I didn't check on top of path.

I have attached the maxwell file .mxs  it generated after I packaged for render farm. Is this the animation BASE frame your talking about? 

Rebus asks for image sequences though but aren't these in the file attached?

If I have to generate animation locally on my machine to get these .mxs sequences whats the point if they are at such low settings or do I reopen each frame and reset size and quality then send these sequences to Rebus?

Thankyou.

test anim View 2 1.mxs.zip

Generate animation dialog - launch application to none. Form Z generates all animation frames as .mxs and a base frame .mxs  file. Correct. But do I upload to 'rebus' the original package to renderfarm .mxs that form Z creates or all the frames including the base frame .mxs that form z creates after generating animation.

Archived