AutoDesSys

Photorealistic People

Shawno68

Hi All,

Can anyone help me with photorealistic people and how to bring them into my scene.  Perhaps send me a link on the subject. Are people using the RPC plugin?  or is there a better method being used out there.

Love the knowledge that's in this Forum.

Many thanks

Shawn 

Hi Shawn,

Welcome to the forum!

Are you looking for 2d or 3d people?

You can download lots of different 2d images of people with alpha channel backgrounds from many locations on the web.  Then you can use the Billboard tool to draw a rectangle and automatically have the image mapped onto that rectangle.  Then just edit the material that gets added automatically, and set the Transparency to a Texture Map, and set its Alpha Channel in the options.  And with the 2d rectangle option, you can also Pick the object, and choose Align to View from the Attributes Tab of the Pick Options.

If you want 3d people that are "fairly -- but not completely" realistic, you can find a lot of these on the SketchUp 3d Warehouse.  Fortunately most of these were not actually modeled in SketchUp, so you should get fairly clean geometry with these.

Does that help?

Yes this helps greatly. Particularly the method described when using 2d images of people.  Maybe later I would like to try 3d people as well  to place in an exhibition stand scene so when I move my camera to a different perspective view for the client, you will see the backs of those 3d people.  Is the method the same when using 3d people images?

Archived