AutoDesSys

Problems when saving files

Gustavo

Hello!

I´m getting this error 148:13 quite frequently. It impedes me to save a file. It happens either with FZ 8,5 and FZ 7. What would it be?

My workaround is to save a new file and restart the program. It works but it is really annoying because it happens very frequently.

Thanks.

Hi Gustavo,

That could occur if you don't have permission to write to the files.  If you make sure that you have read / write permission to the files and their folders, and / or save to a new file name, does that fix it for you?

Also, if you are on a Mac, you should generally run the Applications: Utilities: Disk Utility, choose your Hard Drive, and run the Repair Disk Permissions every month or two.  If you haven't done that recently, you should do that as well...

Hi Gustavo,

Yes, if a backup program or anything else causes the file to be read only, you won't be able to save to that same name in the same location.

When I am working with a project linked to a Layout project, one trick I actually do is to save to a different name.  That way, the Layout won't try to pick up all changes that I am making as I am working.  Then when you are ready for Layout to update, you can just resave the file to the original name (as long as it is not write protected).  Alternately, if you want to link Layout to a different project, you can do that via the File Menu: Linked Files, or Frame Parameters (accessed by right clicking on the frame and selecting Parameters from the context menu).

Archived