AutoDesSys

Preview not working on Maxwell Render

Andre Conlledo

I can't make preview work on Maxwell Render version 2.0.0 -- Please help me fix this!

I'm using formZ 8.5.0.1 (build 9661) with Maxwell Plugin 3.2.0.4 

HARDWARE:

• Intel Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (Core Speed 4402.2 MHz)
  • 32G RAM DDR4-2133
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti (Driver version 358.50)
  • Microsoft Windows 10 (Build 10240)

post-64-0-38080200-1446371679_thumb.jpgI have the same problem,... the preview window in Maxwell used to work, but stopped working quite a while ago,.. all i get is an empty window and a refresh button that seems be be deactivated. It has been like that through several new installs, several version and new updates, and several new plugins. and it does not matter where it is positioned: as a separate window or docked, small or big, nothing seems to be able to activate it again

I stopped using the Maxwell preview window a couple of months ago.  If I accidentally hit the preview the program immediately locks up (spinning wheel of death) and I loose all my work.  This has been an issue for a couple of installs now. Just go back to the Renderzone preview and all is well. 

On another issue I still find that if I transfer a project between workstations all works fine. However, if I add any additional texture maps to the project and then go to Maxwell Studio the program can not find or load those texture maps unless they ARE LOCATED WITHIN THE PROJECT FOLDER.  Not sure why they have to all be moved to that location but it is a hassel. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thanks for the screen capture, that helped.

To use the small preview window in Maxwell Render, disable the 'Fast Multilight Preview' option in Maxwell Preferences.

attachicon.gifMaxwell_Render_Preferences.png

More information on the Fast Multilight Preview option:

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/mxdocsv3/Fast+Multilight+Preview

I just started using Maxwell again on a new project and I am having the same issue yet again.  If I hit the preview tab in my material palette the program hangs up and then I have to force quit and loose all my work.  I started up Maxwell Render and the Fast Multilight Preview window was disabled.  I also looked everywhere within the Form.z program to see if there are any settings there that might relate to this and I can't find anything.  This is an issue I have had on every project this year.  I find that if I just don't ever preview a Maxwell material the program works fine.

Archived