AutoDesSys

2 questions

betazero

Hi Russell,

Welcome to the forum, and glad you are liking the Free version!

From the File Menu: Project Settings: Appearance Tab, you can choose from predefined color schemes, or you can click the + icon to create a Custom one, and you can use the Copy Colors From to modify an existing scheme if you like:

post-5-0-32507800-1445869568_thumb.jpg

In formZ Pro or formZ Jr, you can use either the UnMesh tool, or the Object Doctor to automatically remove coplanar faces (and fix other issues with the Dr), but with the Free version, you may be able to Pick and Delete the unwanted segments.

Does that help?

Yes very much! Thank you. I don't think the default background should be that yellow IMO. Maybe a grey in the same tone of it to start with ( maybe a little darker) Its kinda a depressing color for such a cool modeling program!

+1

I don't know anyone who keeps the ugly yellow color background.  I like light gray, but found getting all the other colors to read correctly quite difficult.  So we all continue use the FormZ classic.  White can be a tad bright, but oh well, atleast it looks professional when saving plan and elevation views, unlike the hideous yellow default.  

I'd love to see a light grey background with all the appropriate complementing colors as the default, but then we would still need an option when saving images of line drawings to always show on a white background.  Hmmmm...

Is there a shortcut scripting language for FormZ? Like I have a shortcut to edit component but if I am in some other tool I have to switch to the pick tool in order to open the component. So I want to have a shortcut that switches to the pick tool then opens the component.

For 8/8.5 the SDK is not yet available. In the past, the scripting language was FSL (formZ Scriptng language). Ostensibly, from here forth it will be Python. Not sure if FSL will continue to be supported.

You can down load the SDK from 7.0 to get started, but again, that will be FSL. Regardless the API Calls should remain mostly the same. As with all things f this nature, you can expect new calls and others to be retired.

Hi BetaZero,

Yes, you can set key shortcuts to most commands.  This was actually last weeks "Tip of the Week."  Just see this link:

http://www.formz.com/support/tips/tip85.html

By default the Tilda key (just below ESC -- without the Shift key) will access the Pick tool, and you can set a Key Shortcut for Edit Component via the Edit Menu: Key Shortcuts command:

post-5-0-22586600-1446126114_thumb.jpg

Archived