AutoDesSys

Animating a flexible cable tray

Rudy Daverveld

Hi All, zweb,

I have a tricky animating job. How can I animate the cable tray in the image attached.

Animating along path seems not working in this way... but maybe someone has a good suggestion. Is there an inverse kinetica plug in? 

Desperate for some input!

Kind Regards

Rudy Daverveld

Visual 8

post-753-0-09896500-1445504497_thumb.jpg

Hi Rudy,

Yes, you want to use the Animate Along Path tool.  Right click on the tool and choose Manual to see  how it works.  And check the Animation Tutorials at the end of the manual for more details on how animations can be created and edited...

Hi zweb,

I've got a sample witch is not quite what I want. I had to make 10 different paths to animate the 10 shackles because they are all starting and finishing on different points. Now I want the first left shackle to be stationary, but If I try to animate these animations along the Y axis this seems not possible.

Can you be more specific how to use the animate along path to create this kind of movement as seen at 1.50 in the youtube link? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvcc5vcK8P4

Kind regards

Rudy Daverveld

testkabelboom.mov

Hi Rudy,

Well, here's a very simple example:

Animate multiple "cable tray elements" (in this case beveled cubes) along a path:

post-5-0-46174900-1445970255_thumb.jpg

Then Offset their start times so they form a "complete belt" (by simply dragging the animation line to the left in the Animation Editor):

path anim.mov

Make the path so it is longer than necessary, and just animate to the desired ending point.

path anim.fmz.zip

Here is a simple file.  Does that get you going in the right direction?

Archived