AutoDesSys

Multiple Texture Maps on one Object

Duncan303

Is it possible to use multiple texture maps on one object in shaded or shaded full?

I know this is possible to do with the decal tool but then i only see it in Renderzone.

Trying to overlay a graphic with transparency map over a wood texture on a cylindrical object.

I thought i'd seen something about this in one of the tutorials or webinars.

thanks in advance for any help. 

You can map each objects face with a different texture. If you are trying to get 2 maps on one face 1 over another you need to use a decal Renderzone. You can also combine them in the texture map in shaded or shaded full.

I guess you could duplicate the face, offset it by a small amount put the transparent texture on that face & accomplish what you want (face should not cast or receive shadows)

Hi Duncan,

Decals are intended for overlaying multiple material parameters on the same surface, and this will only be displayed in RenderZone.  Applying separate textures to individual faces can be achieved by simply painting the face, but if you want to size this texture independently from other faces, you need to use the Map Texture tool on the Face topological level.  Please see "Tip and Trick #21" for complete details on this:

http://www.formz.com/support/tips/tip21.html

Does that allow you to get what you want?

I was really wanting to apply 2 textures to the same face and be able to see it (preview it) in shaded or shaded full. I'll either use the decal tool or method described by DennisA or I may just create new texture in Photoshop that has the background and transparent graphic image combined and then apply that.

thanks for the tips.

Speaking of several textures on a single object... It would be a nice touch if in the Attributes window, instead of listing (multiple) under texture, there could actually be a pulldown list showing the various textures on that one object and allowing individual ones to be replaced without having to unlock the shape and manually selecting the textured surface itself...

Just a suggestion...

Archived