AutoDesSys

Finding holes in objects

DRice

Hello, I am trying to export some files to .STL for printing.  I have one file that refuses to export, as it turns out a couple of the objects are surfaces not solids. I ran the Object doctor but there are no errors.

The object appears solid, and if Object Doctor doesn't fix it, how do I find and repair the holes? Thanks. -Derryl

Hi Derryl,

In the Display Options, you can set Show Direction, which will put arrows on segments that are not stitched to an adjacent face.

In the Object Doctor: Missing Faces, there are Max and Min values that you may need to change (especially Max) to find missing faces with more than a certain (default 4) number of edges.

Another good way to spot the holes is to choose Add to Selection in the Object Doctor and then only select the Missing Faces Option. Works well on heavy meshes and very small holes where direction arrows are hard to see or stop rendering because the hole is too small.  These holes can then be closed by re running the Object Doctor with the Fix if Possible Option.

post-176-0-53975400-1445013882_thumb.png

Archived