AutoDesSys

8.5.01 crashing on various models - ghosted operands

pointer

Hi support,

At first we thought this was tied down to one model, but we are getting the same issue across a number of projects (and machines) and we think it is related to 8.5Pro.  We are getting repeat crashes which happen when we are hitting save, we get the warning that the model has high levels of ghosted operands and the option to keep them in the model or not.  Whichever option we chose FormZ hangs up and stops responding.  This is quite frustrating because we lose the work we have done in between saving.  It does not happen every single time we save which is equally frustrating because we cannot always replicate the issue.

I normally run FormZ with the following options

GHOST OPERANDS

APPLY TO ALL OPERANDS

Do you have any suggestions to try?

Hi Pointer,

Yes, we have seen this occur as a result of a corrupted installation.  Do you have virus detection software on your computer, and if so, did you remember to disable this when installing?

If you are not sure, if you Uninstall formZ, Disable Virus Detection, and Reinstall formZ once more, does that fix it for you?

Hi Support,

Interesting.  I will certainly try this on Monday am.  So far we have had this on two out of three of our seats so this could well be the issue.

Thanks for the prompt response, I will post back if this fixes the problem.

Another thing to try is to copy the formZ 8.5 Pro 64 folder from the computer where it is working into the formZ 8 folder of the computer that is not (and delete or rename the "bad" one first).

Or you could download a "clean" download from here:

www.formz.com/update

Archived