AutoDesSys

FZ 8 on El Capitan

kim

On my 15" Mac Book Pro retina 2012, there is a slight increase in speed.  The only two issues I am experiencing so far, are that when I do a Save or a Renderzone rendering, the blue bars in the tool dock are no longer visible.  And when quitting FZ, it crashes.  

On an ancient Mac Book Pro 17 inch (early 2009), I can no longer do Shaded Full Display.   Have not even tried to do Renderings with Renderzone. 

I realize that these issues might be due to problems on my computers and not generic to other macs but there is only one way to find out :-).

Hi Kim,

El Capitan is not fully supported yet, but in general it seems to be running properly.

We did find that the Add to Project checkbox in the File Open dialog (which is useful for adding objects / lights / views / materials from one project to another) is missing.  Apparently Apple removed some functionality necessary for that, but this will be fixed with an update to 8.5 in the near future.

We are continuing to test with this in-house here, and if anyone does find any issues, please let us know.

After installing El Capitan I experienced few glitches that where solved after rebuilding Form-Z preferences.

Seems to work fine now and noticeably faster.

Will there also be an update to form-Z 8.0.x ?

Dan

Hi Dan,

Official support for El Capitan will only be for formZ 8.5, but we will be issuing an update for 8.0 that includes as many of the corrections that have recently been added for 8.5 as possible, so there may be El Capitan related fixes that are included.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dan,

Official support for El Capitan will only be for formZ 8.5, but we will be issuing an update for 8.0 that includes as many of the corrections that have recently been added for 8.5 as possible, so there may be El Capitan related fixes that are included.

Z, will we see this update soon?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Yes, we are working on this update -- but it is very likely that all El Capitan corrections can not be back merged, so if you want to ensure compatibility with OS X 10.11, you should make sure to use the current version of formZ (8.5.0.2 or later).

Hi Joe,

Yes, that is an issue caused by El Capitan, and it is fixed with 8.5 but we are investigating if it can also be fixed with 8.0.  For now, it is recommended to either use the older version of formZ with an older version of OS X, or use the current version of formZ with the latest OS X...

Archived