AutoDesSys

form•Z 8.5.0.1 Update Released

Tech

We are pleased to announce that the formZ 8.5.0.1 update is now available.  This update includes a number corrections and enhancements to issues that were reported, including:

•  Augment now supports Transparencies and Bump Maps

•  Performance dramatically improved for Shaded Full with many lights

•  Printing and Export Image now works properly on specific Windows based computers

•  Toggling Textures on and off now works properly

•  Mac: Getting Started window now appears properly when Show at Startup selected from Help Menu

•  Editing Groups of Components no longer crashes on certain computers

•  Autosave now saves Textures with "Fastest / Largest" file size option

and other fixes...

To Update formZ 8.5.0, just use the formZ Help Menu: Check for Update command to automatically update your software.  

If you have any issues with the automatic updates, you can download the already updated version here:

http://www.formz.com/update

Please contact us at support@formz.com with any feedback or issues.

Enjoy!

thanks for the update. GUI issues are still not solved. also, now when the automatic backup saving starts, the beachball starts spinning and FZ becomes unresponsive for almost a minute. i guess htis has to do with the compression before saving. in times of multitasking this should not be the case. i will try to revert the compression to what it used to be and see if this fixes it.

markus

Hi Ugursalsark & Markus,

Please contact us at support@formz.com with any feedback or issues.

Hi Des,

Thanks for your note but we have not encountered any issues.  If you do find any issues, please send a sample file and any details to support@formz.com so we can investigate them.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tech,

My mac updated to El Capitan and since i'm using FormZ 8.02 renderzone will not work, not matter what file i try and render. I'm told El Capitna is not supported on this version, so i'm kinda fourced to upgrade but before i do i just want to make sure 8.5.0.1 will run without any issues?

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

El Capitan is not yet supported in any version, but it will be soon with 8.5.0.2.  With regards to Rendering, there can be an issue if you have missing maps, or anything else that causes an alert dialog to be displayed.  With El Capitan, the dialog may be "invisible" - but if you press ESC, you can cancel the alert and the rendering may continue.  (You may need to repeat that more than once -- but don't do it too much or you will also cancel the rendering.)  For best results, use the File Menu: Project Info: Linked Files to make sure all your maps are properly linked.

We have also discovered that El Capitan can cause some problems for complex Smooth operations.  Therefore, it is recommended that you use OS X 10.10.5 or earlier for now, and if you plan on using El Capitan, you should upgrade to 8.5 so you will be ready when the patch is released (soon).

Is there a certain forum to post suggestions for the software? I have a super simple one. Change the splash screen to a random rendered 3d image with the FormZ text on top. Something like a splash from Adobe. The current splash screen seems dated in my opinion. Also change the Z app icon to version type color instead of having text with a separate ball. You will see the version type once you open the software. The Z is not centered and being an architect it bugs my brain.... :) Also it will look cleaner and nicer as an icon again in my opinion. Or just keep it orange and you will see your version when you open it or mouse over the icon.

Archived