AutoDesSys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
¢hris £und

Popup Tool Palette Request for future versions.

Pop Up tool Palettes.

Add another preference option to pop up on Click and Hold only.

Or have this an automatic feature when the option   "Single Click to Activate Tool"   is selected.

Other than some tools not carried over from 6.x...  this is the biggest frustration.  the popups always seem to be in the way, regardless of the current pref options.

Thanks!  and Cheers!

I do, but when I single click on the tool that is showing, it still comes up. If the tool I want is showing, and my option to single click is on, then the palette should not pop up. It would be preferred to click and hold for a fraction of a sec.

Hi Chris,

Ok, then also check the Single Click to Activate Tool option.

Does that do what you want?

NOTE -- there is one drawback to this option, and that is that tools have a Selection Filter -- that is, a tool will only select objects or parts upon which it can operate.  So if you have both of these options on and you have pre-picked some objects and you want to get a different tool on that row and the first tool on the row does not operate on them, then those objects would automatically be deselected.  (But that is the price you pay for this option.)

Not quite. Thus is as I have it set now. The palette still pops up when I select the exposed tool.

And yes, that is a damning price to pay. Very annoying to lose my selection, I was going to report this as a bug.

Yes, and it is still of no value when I want the front facing tool. The problem is on the larger pallets, they can get in the way of modeling. Not everything happens at the center of the screen.

Btw, it goes away when all those settings aren't set. No advantage. Only disadvantages. (Losing the selection buffer)