AutoDesSys

Shouldn't there be an option to..

melkhaldi

Thanks Rob!

Hi ZTech,

Actually it does not. The hide ghosted objects is a global control for all objects, which is a useful feature. But what I am asking about is an automatic control of Operands' states.

Currently, I can Keep, Ghost, or Delete operands. I think I should be also to hide them from view, at an object level just like I can do that from the objects pallet.

Best,

Maher

Hi Justin,

If you select the desired command from any menu while holding down the Ctrl Alt keys (Win) or Command Option keys (Mac), a dialog will appear that will allow you to set a key shortcut for that item, so you can just hit the shortcut in the future, and not need to go to the menu -- in case that helps...

The only way I could see a shortcut working for this is if it were the Command key, or Shift key, and that was able to be specified for the 'Derive' tools where Ghosting, or Deleting, or Keeping is necessary.  Kind of like how you can toggle  'Perpendicular to Reference plane' while using the Draw or Shapes tools with the Command key.  Or how you can toggle 'Copy' while using the Transform tools with the Option key.

This got brought up recently in another thread, and it would be great if these sort of shortcuts could be specific to the current tool type selected. 

I would like to have the status operands setting also visible in the tool dock not just buried in the edit menu. Yes I have shortcuts for each, Yes I can delete operands I didn't mean to ghost. Yes I can backtrack out of a lengthy operations when I realized it wasn't set the way I intended, (very irritating). Just saying it would much more efficient to glance at the status of operands out in the open to know than the to confirm by a pull down menu.

Archived