AutoDesSys

8.5 Layout Titleblocks

Shibui Design

So for every sheet in my layout, I have to have a separate file that I edit in order for page numbers, dates,descriptions, etc.? How about a smart plugin-type object where I can simply edit these things and not have to create files everywhere?

I just tried to place a drawing caption for "Top View" and here's what the resulting text looks like. BTW: the edit text dialog says "3D Text Editor." It would appear, since the resulting text displays as double lines, it's acting like it 3D text? Can we just get a simple 2d text object?

post-125-0-19371600-1441744217_thumb.jpg

Should have mentioned the garbled text uses "Helvetica Neue" font on OSX 10.10.5

I do see some improvements to layout in 8.5 and I really WANT to like it. It still has some significant shortcomings to being a robust layout application, i.e. efficient titleblock, library of smart drawing captioning tools, etc. 

When you check the Title Block option in the New Layout dialogue, click on Dictionary where you can fill in the Project Name, Project Address, Scale, and a few others.  The Date, Sheet Number, and File Name are set to automatically adjust by default.  

For a full explanation on some of the new Layout features, please download the 8.5 Documentation HERE.

If you create a New Sheet, it will automatically increment the page number.

Anything else that will vary from sheet to sheet should not be included in the Title Block and just added on top of it.

The Top View text with Helvetica Neue is also working fine for us:

post-5-0-97571800-1441745926_thumb.jpg

Perhaps you have a corrupted font?  To solve this, run Fontbook (from your Applications Folder).

Select all your fonts, go to the File Menu and choose Validate Fonts.  (Make sure that it shows fonts as plural, and not just "font.")

Disable any fonts that are found to have problems, and relaunch formZ.  Are you then able to generate your text properly?

• 1 year later...

About title blocks in the 8.5. WIP version: again I still don't get a clue. In my case it still not works as aspected.

It's not possible to add my own definitions, store them and use them in a new Layout file. My own definitions are not shown up in the new Layout file. I am still testing, but the fact that the webinar, which I watched several times, is not helping me further, says enough, unfortunately...

pffff Ok, I will stop testing, and will wait again for a hopefully better version and more logical one soon this year... 

Archived