AutoDesSys

Auto Crash Report not invoked

DMclean

I've had a series of crashes recently which trying to sort out some export problems with 8.5 (Release version) and with 8.02. With previous versions restarting usually brought up the dialog stating formZ had crashed and do I want to send a crash report. I no longer get that dialog with 8.5 though I do get it with 8.0.2 I remember seeing someone else had mentioned this during the beta's and just assumed it would likely get fixed.

Coincidentally, I also never get the "Getting Started" dialog, even though I have invoked it from Help and have the Show This at Startup box checked. I liked the visual Recent Files that it had and miss that.

Doug

MacPro 5,1 Yosemite 10.10.5

I've had a series of crashes recently which trying to sort out some export problems with 8.5 (Release version) and with 8.02. With previous versions restarting usually brought up the dialog stating formZ had crashed and do I want to send a crash report. I no longer get that dialog with 8.5 though I do get it with 8.0.2 I remember seeing someone else had mentioned this during the beta's and just assumed it would likely get fixed.

Coincidentally, I also never get the "Getting Started" dialog, even though I have invoked it from Help and have the Show This at Startup box checked. I liked the visual Recent Files that it had and miss that.

Doug

MacPro 5,1 Yosemite 10.10.5

about automatic crash reports, i am having same issue here, stopped with last beta and still not there with release version.

on the other side, "getting started" works here.

I can confirm that, too.

Hi Gentlemen,

The Crash Reporter is still working in general, but there may be a specific crash that is not automatically sending -- or there may be a change to the mail configuration that is preventing it from working.  If you are able to reproduce a crash where the Reporter does not automatically generate a report, please send a file where you can reproduce it and the steps so we can investigate both the crash, and the report.

Doug,

We have verified that the Getting Started window may not appear after choosing Help: Getting Started: Show At Startup.  Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.

I uploaded a file to the Ftp site on Friday. It was producing a crash in both 8.5 and 8.0.2. when attempting to export an OBJ. I twas consistent, and did invoke the crash report on 8.0.2 but not in 8.5. There was a beginning of an email exchange with Paul, so he probably knows where the file is.

Thanks,

Doug

Archived