AutoDesSys

Screen resolution on 4k monitor Vs iMac 2560x1440

pointer

I am moving over from an iMac (2011 3.4Ghz intel i7, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024MB) to a 12core Xeon (hyper threaded to 24core) on Windows 8, 32GB Ram,  along with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 card.  This PC is running a 4k screen, alongside a second screen running at 2560 x 1440.

Side by side running FormZ 8, the interfaces, dialogue boxes and text are extremely crisp and clear on the Mac. However I cannot replicate the clarity of the Mac display on the PC, I would describe the image as 'fuzzy'.  Is there an issue with FormZ on Windows 8 or do you have any tips for this?  Is there anything I can try?  If it was the 5k iMac I was comparing it to I would understand the issue!

For your info I have tried lots of different resolution settings and also ClearType to no avail.  As I mentioned other programmes appear clear and crisp.

Hi Pointer,

We are not aware of any such issues.  Have you downloaded the current video driver from nVidia's site and installed this?

If that does not solve it, can you send us a full resolution screen capture of what you are seeing?

Hi Support,

Can I ask if you're running FormZ on 4k resolution at all?  And if so are you using the 'change the size of all items' function to enlarge the size?  FormZ is beautifully clear at 100% on the 4k screen, BUT everything is far too small to use.  We have tried to use 150% etc which gives you a similar size/look to a 2560 x 1440 res except that the scaling within Windows seems to make everything fuzzy.

We have the latest graphics drivers installed.  I just wondered how other people are working with 4k screens? To get around the issue we're having I am using the 2560 screen as my main screen and FormZ looks great at this res.

I can try and get some screen grabs over to you later.

Hi Pointer,

Yes, the Windows Scaling does make things a LITTLE fuzzy, which is why the Scaling option for 100% is the recommended setting.  Are you aware that you can simply right click on the Tool Bar, choose Settings, and make the tool icons bigger (or smaller)?

Hi

Yes we have tried increasing the tool bars etc using the right click/settings options.  Most work OK, but we have issues with some of the settings.  Can I send you labelled up screen shot to explain?

Archived