AutoDesSys

step import in 8.5

setz

In 8.5 I don't see the .stp import extension in the manager.  When I try to import, .stp files are greyed out and when I drag an .stp file to the FZ icon in the dock, a dialog for 3DM import opens but the file imported is empty.

I can confirm there is an issue.

On pc with both stp & step file imports formz goes through the import process but always delivers a completely empty but named project. (regardless of import options chosen)

Same results with ALL the files I tried. (about 10)

stl import works well.

Martin

Hi Setz,

Are you on Mac or Windows?  As Martin notes there is an issue with the current formZ 8.5 Beta4 and STEP Import, and that will be fixed later today.  But we are not aware of any general issues with STEP on OS X...

Support,

There's still a glitch here. If you try to import two or more step files consecutively, only the first one will import. This is the same issue present in 8.02. In our office, we use both rhino and formz, and we're swapping step files all the time. Very inconvenient. 

BTW. on a similar topic: On the windows version of FormZ 8.5 and 8.02, if you export fan files to avi, only the first one will succeed. You will need to restart FormZ to do export any additional fan files. This can get annoying, if you have multiple fan files to export as avi, as in my case. This works fine on the mac though.

Allan

Hi Allan,

We are not reproducing the 2 or more STEP files issue you report.  If you copy these to your desktop and try to import from there, do they then work for you?  If so, what's the path to the files where they are not working?

We did find a Windows computer where we could reproduce the Export Animation: AVI issue with exporting multiple animations.  Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.

Support,

I copied the step files to my desktop. Problem remains. After importing the first file just fine, the second one issues the attached message after clicking ok on the import dialog box. This happens consistently on all our PC's. I also attached the step files for anyone to test.

Using windows 8.1, 64 bit. Beta build 9593 and FormZ 8.02.

post-34-0-59166200-1437704914_thumb.jpg

step.zip

Hi Allan,

Perhaps it is a preference issue?  If you Quit formZ, go to USER: App Data: Roaming -- and rename the autodessys folder, does it then work properly for you?

If so, can you zip and send the renamed autodessys folder so we can test with this here?

Archived