AutoDesSys Forums
DennisA

Your favorite mouse for fmz usage on a Mac

Couldn't resist 20% discount emailed to me from Staples & purchased Logitech MXMaster. It works so far in fmz beta... certainly better then what I had. Ill see how I like it during projects. Certainly fast in Safari & Excel.

I am not saying the MXmaster is not good, but the main difference I surprised with the M570 was, you do not have to move your hand and it was very comfortable to use.

Couldn't resist 20% discount emailed to me from Staples & purchased Logitech MXMaster. It works so far in fmz beta... certainly better then what I had. Ill see how I like it during projects. Certainly fast in Safari & Excel.

Glad you found something you're happy with. Input controllers are such a personal thing so it's good to get a wide set of opinions first before settling on works best for you.

Guess the answer:  a MOUSE THAT DOES NURBS! Truthfully any mouse would have been an upgrade to what I was currently using. Would love to find a retail store that has Space Navigator.

Guess the answer:  a MOUSE THAT DOES NURBS! Truthfully any mouse would have been an upgrade to what I was currently using. Would love to find a retail store that has Space Navigator.

Seriously, just order one from Amazon and return if you don't like it. Space Nav under one hand, mouse/trackball under the other - it's a real delight. I couldn't live without my Wacom when it comes to texturing but other than than a Space Nav/Trackball combo is an ace workflow enhancer.

As jonmoore said, space nav + trackball mouse is a very nice combination. The fact I 'never' have to move my hand anymore and work with both is my best experience ever since I work 22 years now with FMZ.