AutoDesSys

How to offset multiple objects in FZ8

peani

What is the most efficient way to offset a large number of 2D objects? I have 100+ circles of different sizes and would like to offset them all inwards by the same amount. I would like the offset segments to be derived independent objects.

The Offset Segment and Offset Outline tools don't seem to allow this. If I pre-pick the segments (using the segment topology in the pick tool), when I click on Offset Segment the selection changes to the first segment picked and the tool works only on that segment. If I pre-pick the objects (using auto topology in the pick tool) then the entire selection is cleared and the tool does nothing.

If I use the 2D Wall tool I can offset all the objects at once but the offset segments are not independent (they're part of a 2D wall, after all!) so I then have to select the segments I don't want and delete them. Carpal tunnel here I come!

What am I missing? This is a pretty basic capability that seems to be absent. It's been ages since I did something like this but I have a fuzzy memory of this being possible in FZ6, albeit with some minor hassle.

Archived