AutoDesSys

form•Z 8.5 Beta3 now available for Pro and SE versions

Tech

We are pleased to announce that the formZ 8.5 Beta3 version is now available.  This is now available for both Professional and Student Editions.

This update includes many corrections and enhancements to issues that were reported.  

Just use the formZ Help Menu: Check for Update command to automatically update your software.

If you have any issues with the automatic updates, or if you have waited until your Beta version has expired, you can download the already updated version here:

http://www.formz.com...e_App_Only.html

Documentation, Title Blocks for Layout, and Tutorials are also available at the link above.

Please contact us at support@formz.com with any feedback or issues.

Enjoy!

Hi Hugo,

Good catch, that should not change the name that appears on your startup screen.  We have fixed this and updated the patch so it retains the proper user name from now on.  

To fix this on your computer, Quit formZ, open the Beta3 folder: Support folder, delete the formZ.lic and RenderZone.lic files, and relaunch.  Then just re-register the software with your desired information.

Hi Hugo,

That is working fine for us.  Just hold down Command Option (Mac) or Ctrl Alt (Win) when you select the command from the menu -- and it will bring up a dialog that allows you to set a key shortcut.  (For example, we tried Command Option P = Export Image PNG.)  Does that work for you?

Hi Dennis,

The program linking to the manual needs to be done at the end after the new features are fully documented and embedded into the main online manual.  Documentation for the Beta features can be found by clicking the formZ 8.5 Beta Documentation: Download button from the link in our first posting above.  Here is the direct link for this documentation:

Download

FormZ Beta 3, a couple of things:

1. Thanks so much for the update! Glad to see continuing work on this... Startup time seems faster but could not test this against the previous versions because they no longer work or for 8.0.2 since it now errors out.

2. In the last beta I requested on this forum, but got no response, about a list of fixes. Without this list it would be next to impossible to tell you if the fixes work or cause any side effects. Seems to me you are missing out on a valuable community resource of beta testers that could be pounding the code.

3. I emailed sales, but got no response, about whether this version was a free update, since I purchased my first license in February. Still would like to know. I was under the impression, it seems mistakenly, that a licensed version would include all updates within a version number of formZ. Is that not correct? If not, what is the upgrade cost?

Hi Robert,

We have already tested that the fixes are working properly, but if you encounter any issue that you do not know has already been reported, please let us know.  Our email is support@formz.com...

We are not sure why you would have any problems running 8.0.2 or 8.5b2.  Perhaps if you quit all versions and rename your autodessys folder that will solve it?  On Mac, go to the Finder: Go Menu, hold down the Option key, choose Library: Preferences.  On Windows, this is located in your USER: App Data: Roaming folder (Show Hidden Files if you don't see App Data).  Does that help?

Regarding your email to our sales staff, this policy decision has not yet been made, but you will receive a reply as soon as they have an answer.

Thanks for your reply Tech... just got an email from sales with my eligibility good news! So I don't need to test against 8.0.2 anymore!

So when you release a beta, and make fixes to user problems, those should be golden. We just need to test the new tools that were introduced. Is that right?

i posted this already a few days ago, not sure why it is not appearing here.

please fix the UI issues as reported by this post: FZ801 workspaces issue with dual screen, still issues!

the behaviour is still the same on my mac, stored UI workspaces are not restored correctly with 8.5 beta 3. this is a major problem since long time and it really need to be fixed for an efficient workflow with FZ.

kind regards

markus

Hi Robert,

With the infinite ways you could possibly configure your setup, it would be helpful if you could email a screen capture of before and after to support@formz.com so we can make sure that your issue is fixed.  Thanks in advance...

• 4 weeks later...

i posted this already a few days ago, not sure why it is not appearing here.

please fix the UI issues as reported by this post: FZ801 workspaces issue with dual screen, still issues!

the behaviour is still the same on my mac, stored UI workspaces are not restored correctly with 8.5 beta 3. this is a major problem since long time and it really need to be fixed for an efficient workflow with FZ.

kind regards

markus

Hi Markus,

Yes, there is a slight shift with your workspace.  Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.

it is still not working correctly in beta 5. anyone else?

kind regards

markus

Archived