AutoDesSys

New Maxwell for formZ Public Release (3.1.1.6)

pylon

Hi All,

New plugins for Bonzai3d, formZ 7, formZ 8 JR, formZ 8 Pro are available. This free upgrade offers many improvements and fixes.

Make sure to download and install the latest version of Maxwell Render Suite (3.1.1.0) at the same time.

The "Maxwell for formZ 8" plugins are compatible with both the publicly released formZ 8.0.2 and the latest formZ 8.5 betas.

https://portal.nextlimit.com/

Enjoy!

CHANGES
    • New 'Alpha Channels' interface for creating alpha channels from any combination of layers, objects, and materials. Replaces 'Layer Channels' feature. (Maxwell Display Options, Image Tab )
    • Extra Sampling support.
    • Render Area Rectangle support. (Maxwell Display Options, Image Tab ) (formZ 8.1+)
    • Scenes with Referenced MXS now render significantly faster.
    • MXS References can be non-uniformly and negatively scaled during placement, and edited after via the RMXS scale parameter. (Pick Tool Options, Parameters tab )
    • Optimized and improved Autotranslated material hints for AGS and metals.  (To match hints in previous versions of the plugin, adjust "Hint Version" in Extensions > Maxwell Render > Project Settings...)
    • Added "Frosted Glass" material hint
    • Added "Mirror" material hint
    • Option to make all objects with Autotranslated AGS Glass hidden from Global Illumination. (Maxwell Display Options, Scene Tab )
    • Option to randomize Autotranslated material ID colors. (Extensions > Maxwell Render > Project Settings...)
    • Option to change all Autotranslated materials to 'Matte' or 'Realistic Match' in one go. (Extensions > Maxwell Render > Project Settings...)
    • Referenced MXM 'Update Shaded' allows mapping of bump channel (formZ 8.0+)
    • Added additional 'hide' flags to formZ Lights
    • Additional "Vertical Ratio parameter" in Maxwell Sea allows for more control of calm seas

FIXES
    • Referenced MXS placed at the world origin (0,0,0) will now render correctly.
    • Geometry is no longer clipped when in axonometric views with certain view parameters.
    • Framing corrected in axonometic views with certain view parameters. (If a saved view appears incorrect in Fire, enable Fire-- or export the scene-- then save the view again.)
    • Certain imported objects from Sketchup no longer cause export errors.
    • Channel files written in format/bit depth as specified in image pulldown.
    • Grass and Scatter Density parameter now converted correctly when preset is loaded into project with different units.
    • Grass MXM file selector now works correctly even if existing path is invalid.

• 2 weeks later...

We I set up a file to create an Alfa channel for materials for extra SL rendering, it renders fine on my computer, but if I launch the render manager to send the file to several computers I get errors, It will send the file if I turn off the extra SL renderings in the manager.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not using the beta plugin,  but I am getting an error message when I network render using custom alpha and extra sampling. This error does not accure when rendering on my main machine.

This is the error message.

[09/July/2015 14:57:54] [iNFO]: Stopping render

[09/July/2015 14:57:55] ERROR: [09/July/2015 14:57:55] [ERROR]: Custom alpha channel selected for Extra Sampling doesn't exists.

[09/July/2015 14:57:55] [iNFO]:

[09/July/2015 14:57:55] ERROR: [09/July/2015 14:57:55] [ERROR]: Render Failed

You can provide a link to a Dropbox-type service or your own FTP here on the forum, or send a Dropbox link to post-32-0-62843700-1436806177_thumb.jpg

Please provide the simplest file which will reproduce the problem. If there are dependencies such as bitmap textures, you will need to include them.

I have sent a link to the file. Currently the file will render on my machie with extra sampling turned on, it will not network render with extra sampling turn on, but does render when it is turned off in the network rendering settings.

Thanks

Not related to your issue, but I did notice that you have emitter materials assigned to a number of high-polygon objects (the circles, which will be decomposed into about 230 faces at render-time- just check the Display resolution setting).

If you swap these out for rectangular planes, the rendering will be somewhat more efficient. (Or Hexagons, or, if you really need circles, reduce the number of faces.)

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/mxdocsv3/Lighting+with+Emitters

Hi Flakie,

Thank you for sending your file. We will investigate further and report back when we have a fix for you.

Regarding efficiency, we were able to cut the render time for your file in half by following these two best practices:

1. Keep emitter geometry simple. We switched your emitters to hexagons.

post-32-0-08139400-1436888838_thumb.png

2. Use real-world lighting. Your camera exposure is currently set to values appropriate for an exterior daylight scene, and the lamps are set to astronomical intensities (literally). We switched your emitters and exposure to somewhat more realistic values for an interior:

post-32-0-43143700-1436889043_thumb.png

Please see the fundamentals tutorial called "Lighting" here for some good tips: http://www.maxwellrender.com/fundamentals/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Flakie,

There is an easy solution: If you click on the 'Edit' button to select the Custom Channel, then 'okay' the resulting dialog, extra sampling over the network will work as expected.

post-32-0-88894300-1439405288_thumb.png

Thanks for your report. The next plugin update will post a warning to the log if a valid Custom Channel has not been selected.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived