AutoDesSys

Layout printing: is it going to be fixed?

AHTOH

Hello everyone.

I`m just wondered if I am the only person experiencing trouble with printing in layout. I myself consider this a major issue. The fix promised in February  and is not sorted out yet. In March it was promised again. For now there is no ability to print AT ALL. I can`t even make PDFs from layout and have to export my 25+ pages to Illustrator, edit every single one there and than re-save everyone as a separate document as PDF and combine it with Preview in order to send to my client. What a waste of time!

Is it a time to abandon FormZ and switch to Autocad?

Anton,

Could not agree more; it seems that v8 was not a full release and we are already testing v8.5 beta?

Hopefully, if there is a cost for v8 too v8.5 full? ...... v8 will still be fixed to actually work as a full release should....

Or do we get what we get......rather than what we expect?

We were not able to reproduce the printing problem with our files here. What version of formZ are you trying to print from, (formZ 8.0.2 or formZ 8.5 Beta 2)? Perhaps this is a project specific printing issue. Do you have a simple sample file you can send us? If so, then be sure to include your print settings so we can try to reproduce this here.

Here is a file:

And these are print settings:

To be honest print denial was over as I restarted my computer. Multipage layout files printed are returning empty pages though. Neither by actual print nor print to PDF works.

AHTOH,

We were able to reproduce this problem in formZ 8.0.2 however we were not able to reproduce this in formZ 8.5 beta2 (b9535). There have been improvements in this area in beta 2 and additional improvements are coming in the next beta 3 release. It would be nice If you would verify our results of it working in formZ 8.5 Beta 2 on your machine also.

Thank you for your feedback. 

• 4 months later...

I can't to print in Layout. (the same issue as mention by Ahtoh?)

If I want to print to A1-format and save as PDF, the print is very small and in the left upper corner of the paper.

If I want to print on scale I to A3-format, It will be in 4 sheets. Only fit will work, but not on scale.

Anyway, I just don't get prints in Layout.

Working in 8.5

And I noticed, FormZ makes my Printtool active and asks for my administrator user and password to change settings. But, there is no need for that! I believe....

Archived