AutoDesSys

Fz8 OS X yosemite - input delay in layer/materials palette

ingoerik

ingoerik,

Can you send us a file that caused this?  Does this happen to you often?  If so, can you also tell us the steps taken to reproduce the problem?  Also, what version of formZ were you using at the time?

Thank you!

Thanks for your reply. It happend with FormZ 802 with every file, it seems to be related to the known Mac OS yosemite delay bug. I reinstalled OS X yosemite and its working again. At the moment i use 8.5Beta and the delay is as usual, no instant response but small enough to work with, i think thats how it was before this happend.

i've had massive delays with FZ almost 'freezing' -  response was extremely delayed while updating the display - when changing the color of a material with the color palette. no maxwell plugin was active and it happened many times with big scenes, but i still cannot reproduce it constantly. maybe this is related.

I've also experienced weird problems with the material palette using Yosemite and FormZPro 8. When the large icons are used, and the I try to edit a material that is lined up against the left edge of the material palette, double-click does not work. I can only edit it by right-context clicking. If I change to use small icons, or rearrange the material palette so that it does not touch the left edge of the palette, it works as expected.

We have been able to reproduce an issue where the larger icons in the Materials Palette seems momentarily unresponsive if another palette, such as Tool Options, is currently active.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will get it corrected.  

However, we have not encountered any prolonged delays/hangs regarding this issue.  We will continue to investigate this problem and if you are able to consistently reproduce a hang from the materials palette, please send us the formZ file with the associated textures so we can get it corrected.

Archived