AutoDesSys

Hatch pattern upload question

AsOne

I was trying to load a new hatch pattern and encountered several problems:

1. The black box indicating the current hatch is quite difficult to see and could be improved greatly in the UI.

2.  I was able to load a hatch pattern (accidentally) into the None hatch, which lead to a lot of confusion.  Now there is a hatch in the None box.  If you apply this hatch it on an object it still operates as None - meaning it takes away a previously applied hatch. 

3.  I deleted two hatches, but cannot load any new hatches now.  Either be right clicking on a hatch or by clicking the open folder icon in the lower left.  I have had success before loading a new hatch, but now it is completely broken.   I restarted my cpu and tried on a default formZ file and still doesn't work.  I go through all the steps and then no new hatches appear anywhere.

Applying and editing the hatches seems to work fine. 

Mac OS 10.9.5.  FormZ v7

Any suggestions?

Hi ASONE,

Thank you for the suggestion to make the hatch selection more apparent, we will see what we can do about this in the future.

However we are not able to reproduce the same problem with loading a hatch pattern into the “None” hatch, nor are we having any problems deleting or loading hatches.  Do you have a specific file in which this happens? If you, could you send us the file and the hatch patterns so we can further investigate this issue?

Try resetting the defaults and see if that allows you to load a new hatch pattern.

Will upload when I get a chance.  First time I have encountered this problem.

It would also make sense to have the "none" hatch say "Remove Hatch" or "None" or "No Hatch" or something to indicate that you would drag that hatch onto your model to remove all hatching.  Isn't very intuitive first time around.  I don't think the manual details how to remove a hatch pattern either.

• 5 months later...

The HATCH issues Asone mentioned about are the same I have with 8.5.0.2

It's not possible to load new hatches, only 1 or 2, but no control at all.

Is there a limit in the Hatch palette? or? Or broken link?

Please help.

Hi Hugo,

The Hatch files you emailed us have an extra header that is not being handled properly.  If you simply delete this header from the file and resave it (as a plain text file with a .pat extension) then it should work properly:

post-5-0-93206500-1447257493_thumb.jpg

Does that help?

Sorry, it didn't help.

All .PAT files were edit with textediter, removed the complete first line, then filled in *hatch01, etc. per file. Now i could read them in the hatch palette, but they were all the same when used in the 3D model file. Actually it's not working.

Hi Hugo,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  There were a number of issues involved here.

1.  Most of the hatches that you sent are corrupted.  Here you can see Autocad rejecting them:

post-5-0-61378800-1447946788_thumb.jpg

2.  The header information is not supposed to be there per the SPEC, and after the name of the hatch there should be a Comma.  By removing the first, and adding the second, you can get the proper hatch patterns (the ones without "hatch" in their names) to load properly.

3.  On some computers, only the first hatch pattern will load properly.  In order to load another, that "first" hatch needs to be removed.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, these issues will be fixed with the next update.

• 2 months later...

Hugo,

The .PAT files have their own (formZ Hatch Patterns) folder directly in the formZ 8 folder (that also contains your formZ Application, Textures, Materials, and other resource folders).

We have made some improvements to the handling of "non-standard" hatch pattern files with the current 8.5.3 version (so first make sure you have updated to this), and if you continue having any problems, please first verify that they do work properly in Autocad -- and if they don't give any errors or problems there, send them to support@formz.com so we can take a look.

What I discovered is that the hatch is OK, but it's necessary that the hatch is first added in both palettes FMZ model and FMZ Layout. Now it works.

Why not automatically show the hatches in both Model and Layout?  :(

Hugo,

Yes, if you only want to load Hatches to Modeling, you can do that.  If you also want to load those Hatches to Layout, you need to do that as a second step.

We will see if we can add an option for the future that asks if you want to load both places when loading one in the future (but now it is only an extra click or two).

Archived